Please note the following when submitting a request:
- Please make all requests at least TWO WEEKS AND NO MORE THAN 90 DAYS in advance to help us balance community requests with emergency responses, training, fire inspections, and other firefighter responsibilities. Please understand that if your event date is sooner than two weeks from today, we may not be able to participate in your event, but we will work to accommodate this request.
- While firefighters enjoy participating in community events, our first priority is providing quality, timely, and professional emergency services to those who live in, work in, and visit WSFR’s district. We may not be able to accommodate all event requests due to firefighter training and other scheduling conflicts.
- If a fire crew attends your event, they will typically remain “in service” and stage the apparatus somewhere that allows them to leave quickly if they are dispatched to an emergency.
- Fire crew visits at community events are scheduled for 30 to 45 minutes, with the understanding that responding to an emergency may cause the crew to be late to the event, to have to leave abruptly, or in extreme cases, to not show up at all. We will work on notifying the contact if we are not going to be able to make the scheduled event.
- We aim to confirm the event within one week of the requested event date.