Welcome to Windsor Severance Fire Rescue's Ride Along Program! We are excited to offer this unique opportunity to members of our community who are interested in learning more about what it's like to be a firefighter. The Ride Along Program allows participants to shadow our firefighters on real emergency calls. This gives you a chance to witness firsthand the bravery and dedication of our first responders. You will also get a glimpse into the daily activities of our firefighters, including equipment maintenance, station tasks, and training exercises.
The ride-along program is offered to individuals involved with a recognized education program and have shown interest in public safety. Non-affiliated community members may also request a ride-along through this program. Every attempt will be made to accommodate interested persons; however, any applicant may be disqualified without cause.
Factors that may be considered in disqualifying an applicant may include but are not limited to:
- Being under 18 years of age, unless approved by a Chief Officer
- Incomplete forms or background check
- Prior criminal history
- Any felony arrests
- Any misdemeanor within the last 12 months
- Registered sex offenders or unlawful sexual behavior
- Pending criminal action
- Pending lawsuit against the department
- Denial by any supervisor
- Poor health or other condition that may negatively impact response
- Any other basis that WSFR deems appropriate to protect the integrity, safety, or security of WSFR, its programs, personnel, or the community
Other Items to Note:
- Participants are limited to one ride every six months
- Participants cannot currently be participating in an active WSFR hiring process
Please view the documents attached below for more details about the rules and conditions of the Ride Along Program. Completed documents are required to be uploaded with the application. Once submitted, please allow up to two weeks for processing and scheduling your request.