Before beginning any new construction or re-model construction, contractors should determine if fire alarms and/or fire sprinkler systems and permits are required for your project.
All contractors installing or repairing fire alarm and/or suppression systems within our fire district are required to hold a current State of Colorado Contractor’s License or equivalent certification (i.e NICET or CSA). Proof of this is required when plans are submitted.
- Valid contractor’s license or equivalent certification
- Completed permit application with correct address and valuation
- Three Sets of Plans (Min 1/8” Scale) (A maximum of three sets will be stamped) Digital Plans are acceptable as well.
- PE or NICET Level III Stamp on all plans
- Minimum of one set of material cut sheets
- Voltage drop calculations
- Battery calculations
- Symbol list
- Riser diagram
The above list is not intended to be all inclusive of all requirements for a fire alarm submittal, but rather a guide to indicate the minimum requirements.