On May 12, 1902, the Windsor Fire Department was organized for the protection of the property within the Town of Windsor. We started out with just 550 feet of hose, a nozzle, a couple of axes and buckets. Today we have four fire stations featuring state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained firefighters.
WSFR covers 100 square miles in Larimer and Weld Counties, including the municipalities of Windsor and Severance. The complete history of WSFR can be found at our fire museum, one of only a handful in the state.
WSFR’s Jim Hays, looks at one of the many historic photos hanging at the fire station.